Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Dependent

A couple years ago I got a Baker's cyst in my knee. I was shocked and irritated by how much I was then UNABLE to do because it required bending my knee. I am pretty strong physically, so I am accustomed to being able to do just about whatever I set my mind to. The most frustrating part for me was being dependent on my family for things that I normally did-- well I just didn't like the reminder that I am not self-sufficient. =P

We had a busy weekend, and as a result, the house is pretty much a mess. I had a bit of a headache yesterday, so we didn't do much in the way of cleaning. But I was prepared to kick it into high gear today and get the house clean. However, I must have slept with my neck in a funny position last night, because I woke up this morning pretty much unable to move my head. In fact, I can't even hold my head up except for short periods of time... And I am reminded again that I am DEPENDENT. And I don't like it any better this morning than I liked it a couple years ago. I don't always like the lessons-- or the timing of the lessons-- the Lord sends my way. But I can just imagine Him saying-- as I often tell my Crew, "I didn't ask you what you LIKE. I'm teaching you what you NEED."

Pride goes before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall.
Proverbs 16:18
 

Therefore David blessed the LORD in the presence of all the assembly. And David said: "Blessed are you, O LORD, the God of Israel our father, forever and ever. Yours, O LORD, is the greatness and the power and the glory and the victory and the majesty, for all that is in the heavens and in the earth is yours. Yours is the kingdom, O LORD, and you are exalted as head above all. Both riches and honor come from you, and you rule over all. In your hand are power and might, and in your hand it is to make great and to give strength to all. And now we thank you, our God, and praise your glorious name.
1 Chronicles 29:10-13
 

For who sees anything different in you? What do you have that you did not receive? If then you received it, why do you boast as if you did not receive it?
1 Corinthians 4:7
 

You will say in that day: "I will give thanks to you, O LORD, for though you were angry with me, your anger turned away, that you might comfort me. "Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and will not be afraid; for the LORD GOD is my strength and my song, and he has become my salvation." With joy you will draw water from the wells of salvation. And you will say in that day: "Give thanks to the LORD, call upon his name, make known his deeds among the peoples, proclaim that his name is exalted. "Sing praises to the LORD, for he has done gloriously; let this be made known in all the earth. Shout, and sing for joy, O inhabitant of Zion, for great in your midst is the Holy One of Israel."
Isaiah 12:1-6

No comments:

Post a Comment