Thursday, January 24, 2013

La Paz

I'm AWAKE early this morning. As I was lying in bed trying to go back to sleep-- that didn't work. =( -- I started reminiscing about when my two oldest kiddos were babies. Well, not INFANT babies, but I had Reanna when Adara was three and Judah was 18 months. =) I have some of the CUTEST pictures of the two of them in their little pajamas with pacifiers in their mouths. But what mama doesn't think her kids are the cutest-- right? ;) Anyway, Adara used her pacifier A LOT! I mean, if she was sleeping, it was in her mouth. She also had it about half the time when she was awake, until she was over a year old. When she started crawling, Shorty and I would ask her where her "paci" was when it was naptime or bedtime. Then when she started talking, she called it "my paz". I thought that was absolutely GRAND because in Spanish, "paz" means "peace". Her "paz" meant a little bit of peace for all of us! =)

So this morning as I was remembering all those fun, and all too short, days-- a song came to mind. ;)

"Peace" from the album "To Be Like Jesus" by Sovereign Grace Music.

CHORUS
Peace, You give me peace
When the storms come and I’m afraid
Peace, You give me peace
When I trust in the words You say
You give me peace

VERSE 1
If You can calm the sea
Then You can comfort me
If winds obey Your voice
Why should I fear their noise
And though my eyes can’t see
I know You’re with me

VERSE 2
When someone starts to fight
And does things I don’t like
I hear Your gentle voice
Saying I have a choice
To make an enemy
Or to spread Your peace

© 2009 Sovereign Grace Praise (BMI)

Therefore, since we have been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.
Romans 5:1


Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.
John 14:27
 

In peace I will both lie down and sleep; for you alone, O LORD, make me dwell in safety.
Psalms 4:8
 

You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you.
Isaiah 26:3
 

Now the works of the flesh are evident: sexual immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, rivalries, dissensions, divisions, envy, drunkenness, orgies, and things like these. I warn you, as I warned you before, that those who do such things will not inherit the kingdom of God. But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law. And those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. If we live by the Spirit, let us also walk by the Spirit.
Galatians 5:19-25

No comments:

Post a Comment