Saturday, January 5, 2013

More Movies

When Shorty takes time off from work, he and I usually watch more movies than normal. And when you add on top of that the fact that we have a sick member of the Crew, we watch even MORE movies! ;) So we were watching "The Avengers" again the other day, and I was contemplating a few of the lines. Shorty loves the line when Captain America says, "There's only one god ma'am. And I'm pretty sure he doesn't dress like that." And again later after Hulk has thrown Loki around and left him moaning on the floor, he says, "Puny god!" But I actually love the speech Loki makes in Germany. As I was looking for the exact quote, I came across a blog that already beautifully articulated what I was thinking... so here's the link!

"You were made to be ruled."

Do you not know that if you present yourselves to anyone as obedient slaves, you are slaves of the one whom you obey, either of sin, which leads to death, or of obedience, which leads to righteousness? But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.
Romans 6:16-18

1 comment:

  1. Many thanks for the kind words! I appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete