Thursday, January 31, 2013

Stinky

My house has been smelling funky for a while... =(
It is incredibly frustrating to be gone for a few hours, then walk into a relatively tidy house and be assaulted by stink! I've tried various things, and had pretty much decided that it was the carpet, but when I got a chance to pull out my carpet shampooer it was DEAD! Well, not DEAD dead-- it still had suction, but it wasn't spraying the water/cleaner solution. And that's not terribly useful given the circumstances... =P So today Shorty told me that I can buy a new one. WOO HOO!!!

I was pondering this situation as I was assembling my new carpet shampooer a few minutes ago. It seems to me that my life is a lot like my house. It may look pretty neat and clean on the outside, and even at a cursory glance it may seem pretty clean, but there is a lurking stink if you REALLY get to know me. But the good news is that God is at work "shampooing" my life! And if you have trusted in Jesus Christ as your Savior, He is at work in your life too! =)

as it is written: "None is righteous, no, not one; no one understands; no one seeks for God. All have turned aside; together they have become worthless; no one does good, not even one." "Their throat is an open grave; they use their tongues to deceive." "The venom of asps is under their lips." "Their mouth is full of curses and bitterness." "Their feet are swift to shed blood; in their paths are ruin and misery, and the way of peace they have not known." "There is no fear of God before their eyes."
Romans 3:10-18
 

For by a single offering he has perfected for all time those who are being sanctified.
Hebrews 10:14
 

Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. Do not quench the Spirit. Do not despise prophecies, but test everything; hold fast what is good. Abstain from every form of evil. Now may the God of peace himself sanctify you completely, and may your whole spirit and soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. He who calls you is faithful; he will surely do it.
1 Thessalonians 5:16-24

No comments:

Post a Comment