Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Confession

Good Morning!  Well-- you may not be reading this in the morning, but as I'm writing it is morning! =)  I did not have a fantastic weekend.  I was actually a little bluesy throughout the weekend, and as I began my prayer and Bible study time yesterday, I just felt dry... I couldn't quite put my finger on it, but I was having a difficult time concentrating.  As I read my Bible, I was encouraged in John 14 by Christ's promise to return for His people, as well as His encouragement that we KNOW Him & how to follow Him.  I was still feeling kind of down, though.

I haven't been blogging long, but I had heard from lots of people that if you do blog, you should do it every day.  The day I set up my blog, I had like 4 different things I wanted to write about-- but that seemed like a bit of overkill. ;)  The trouble was, that by the following day I had forgotten half of them-- and they were good ideas! At least, I thought so. ;)  Later that week I found out that I could save posts in draft form until I want to publish them! Woo Hoo!  So I wrote like 3 things that day & published the one I liked the best! =)  So there's my confession: I write ahead. ;)  Now, how does that connect to my first paragraph?

When I finished my time in the Word yesterday, I sat down to blog & had about 4 ideas running through my head again.  So I began to write, and the most WONDERFUL thing happened.  As I was writing about the things God has been working me through, my blues went away.  Thinking on God's Greatness just drove away my yucky downer attitude-- at least for a while.  I've told you before that generally when God feeds me well, it means He's going to "work me out" in the near future.  Within just a couple of hours I was yelling at my kids & worrying, but very quickly He convicted me & reminded me to "Believe in [Him]."  I cannot understand why He is so patient with me!

"Let not your hearts be troubled. Believe in God; believe also in me. In my Father's house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also. And you know the way to where I am going." Thomas said to him, "Lord, we do not know where you are going. How can we know the way?" Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
John 14:1-6

No comments:

Post a Comment