Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Grasshopper Fiasco

Reanna came to my room at about 1:40 this morning.  She was terrified because she thought she had seen a grasshopper on her bed.  In short order all 3 girls were awake & I spent the next hour searching for the grasshopper & then trying to calm them back toward sleep.  I see more clearly my own sin struggles as I try to shepherd my children, and am also challenged to love them well-- especially when they interrupt my sleep! ;)  I didn't start well last night, but we ended the hour with smiles & giggles, so maybe I finished well.  This interruption has thrown off my routine for today.  We are trying to get into the school schedule now BEFORE it's actually time to hit the books.  I'm not very good at the "pre" in preparation. =/  Yesterday I totally missed my time of prayer & Bible reading, & it would have been so easy to just jump into my day, but I felt SO THIRSTY! (Obviously I'm speaking metaphorically, I felt thirsty spiritually.)  So as I sat down & started thinking about all the work the Lord has put me through recently, this is what I prayed:

Thank you for the times of struggle.  You know my sin nature fights against Your work of sanctification, & I am forgetful.  Thank You for Your gentleness in the pruning & refining process.  There are so many times when I look back & can see SO CLEARLY that You had applied JUST ENOUGH pressure, or removed JUST ENOUGH of a distraction.  You have the power & the RIGHT to abandon me to my sin, but you are ALWAYS faithful to Your covenant.  Thank You that You are faithful!  Thank You that my comfort is not Your priority.  Be more glorified in my life!

"Oh Father use my ransomed life
in any way You choose,
And may my song forever be
'My only boast is You!'"

Make me more like my Savior!

I realize that this could just be the preliminaries, & He could have a whole lot more in store for me, but for this moment, I can confidently say: "I trust my Father."

No comments:

Post a Comment