Wednesday, August 8, 2012

I Want That!

I've spent a lot of time the last couple of weeks listening to sermons online.  I especially enjoyed hearing the women from the Gospel Coalition's Women's conference.  I have also been feeling a little down because I do not often get the kind of riches out of a text in my own personal Bible study that these women presented.  Now it could be that they were preparing in these passages for months in advance-- in fact, I'm sure that is the case.  The thing that bothers me about myself is that I KNOW that I am a better wife, mom, friend- you name it- when I am FULL of the riches of God's Word.  It changes me, and I WANT to be changed!  Well, sometimes. *shrug*  There are lots of times that I just don't want to put forth the effort to dig.  And that's the rub.  I just need to quit moaning and start digging!

In the way of your testimonies I delight as much as in all riches. I will meditate on your precepts and fix my eyes on your ways. I will delight in your statutes; I will not forget your word. Deal bountifully with your servant, that I may live and keep your word. Open my eyes, that I may behold wondrous things out of your law.
Psalms 119:14-18

No comments:

Post a Comment