Thursday, August 2, 2012

Warts and All

The phrase "warts and all" has taken on a whole new meaning for me.  I had never had a wart until about a year ago.  Then all of a sudden I had a wart pop up on the middle finger of my right hand.  It was really an "all of a sudden" kind of thing, too.  One day it wasn't there, and the next day it was! =P

Here's the interesting thing.  I've pondered how God is so faithful to show us the PEOPLE in the Bible "warts and all".  We see them in their faithfulness, and also in their "near-stellar failures". ;)  So here's the interesting thing about warts-- or mine, at least.  When it first popped up, it hurt.  It actually hurt a lot for a couple of weeks, but then it started to get calloused & it really didn't hurt most of the time-- unless my activity was pulling at the edges of it.  But recently, Shorty & I ordered some green clay that is supposed to remove warts.  I thought, "Great! No more bump on my middle finger!" =)  I had no idea that it would actually HURT to have it removed! =P  I mean, I knew that if I went to the doctor & had it burned off it would hurt, but I thought a little mud on it would be painless.  When I put the green clay on the first night, it didn't hurt.  It started to itch after a few minutes, but a little itch is easily ignored.  By the following morning, though, my finger was very tender!  The wart is going away, but it is a slow, and somewhat painful process.

And now I'm back to sanctification.  God is just really working in me to make me aware of the sanctification process in my life, & I think trying to get through to me that it is painful because sin is SO MUCH a part of me! =P  And as I ponder the depth of the sin that laces and taints EVERY part of my being, I AM AMAZED at God's patience with me!  And amazed at the price He supplied through Christ to pay for my sin! =)

As obedient children, do not be conformed to the passions of your former ignorance, but as he who called you is holy, you also be holy in all your conduct, since it is written, "You shall be holy, for I am holy."  And if you call on him as Father who judges impartially according to each one's deeds, conduct yourselves with fear throughout the time of your exile, knowing that you were ransomed from the futile ways inherited from your forefathers, not with perishable things such as silver or gold, but with the precious blood of Christ, like that of a lamb without blemish or spot.
1 Peter 1:14-19

No comments:

Post a Comment