Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Daddy's Girl

I am very much a "daddy's girl".  I even have a couple of pictures from my wedding day where I am sitting on his lap! =)  I am SO THANKFUL that my Daddy lives nearby, that I am able to see him often, & that my children have the privilege to know him.  He came over yesterday to help me put in shelves to finish off one of my projects. ;)  And it was such a BLESSING to me because my house behaved in typical fashion, & what I thought I had, & was going to be able to do didn't work out. =P  If I had been working by myself, I would have been pulling my hair out!  It barely even phased Daddy, he just said, "Well, we have two options..."

Daddy was my first, and maybe favorite teacher.  He taught me our need for a Savior, what a man should be like, how a woman should be treated, "reading, writing, and 'rithmetic", the value of hard work, how to drive... and I've probably drawn this list out way too long! ;)  One of my favorite things that Daddy has done for me over the past 11 years has been that he encourages me to honor my Shorty.  He is so faithful to remind me when we are together, that Shorty is my priority. =)  I love my Daddy! <3

Fathers, do not provoke your children to anger, but bring them up in the discipline and instruction of the Lord.
Ephesians 6:4


Listen to advice and accept instruction, that you may gain wisdom in the future.
Proverbs 19:20

No comments:

Post a Comment