Thursday, August 16, 2012

Happy

I like to be happy!  I do my best to order my life in such a way as to make myself & the people in my life happy.  The problem with this approach is that I often get angry when my plans go awry.  Happiness is a great gift, but only so long as I submit to God's ultimate control over my days.  I was pondering this recently when my plans for a day got rearranged.  It just hit me that God ordered that day for me long before I was even born!  And He is using that change of plans, and the sin that often surfaces to make me more like my Savior.

O LORD, make me know my end and what is the measure of my days; let me know how fleeting I am! Behold, you have made my days a few handbreadths, and my lifetime is as nothing before you. Surely all mankind stands as a mere breath! Selah
Psalms 39:4-5

No comments:

Post a Comment