Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Seasons

I love the seasons, & I'm almost always ready for the change of season when it comes!  I was so excited for summer when our school year ended back in May.  I couldn't wait to go swimming, do projects, get in some reading... =)  Swimming has been a bit of a let-down for me this year, as I tend to get chilled... =(  My projects ended up being different ones than what I had on my list.  And I think I've read a total of 4 books over the summer-- that would have been a two week quota a few years ago! ;)  I was thinking yesterday as I was painting my shelves that I will be glad for summer to be over!  I'm so excited for the fall!  Cooler temperatures, more spices in the menu, lower electric bill... ;)  And I feel quite confident that in a few months I'll be talking about how I'm ready for winter, & bringing my snowmen out of hibernation! =)

This school year will be a real adjustment for me.  I will have all 4 of my Crew in school for the first time.  I'm excited, but a bit nervous about teaching 4 different grades at once!  I'm also changing up our curriculum a bit, and trying something new there.  It seems unreal that the "Babyland" season is so far behind me.  And EVEN MORE unreal that I will soon have a teenager!-- Hey, three years gets shorter every year! ;)  I loved naps when my Crew were all small.  Now I LOVE that we have a whole shelf full of games that we can all play & enjoy TOGETHER! =)  I LOVE that the Lord gives us seasons!  Enjoy whatever season you are in, for now, because soon you'll be moving on...

For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven: a time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up what is planted; a time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up; a time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance; a time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing; a time to seek, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away; a time to tear, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak; a time to love, and a time to hate; a time for war, and a time for peace. What gain has the worker from his toil? I have seen the business that God has given to the children of man to be busy with. He has made everything beautiful in its time. Also, he has put eternity into man's heart, yet so that he cannot find out what God has done from the beginning to the end. I perceived that there is nothing better for them than to be joyful and to do good as long as they live; also that everyone should eat and drink and take pleasure in all his toil--this is God's gift to man.
Ecclesiastes 3:1-13

No comments:

Post a Comment