Friday, August 31, 2012

Family

I have had the great privilege recently to spend a lot of time with various members of my family.  We had a family day last week in which my Shorty, my Crew, & I stayed home & played games all day.  A couple of weeks ago we spent parts of three days in a row with my parents, and some with my sister.  Last night my sister spent the night.  I love my family, & I love that my family lives relatively nearby-- at least sometimes! ;)  I am truly thankful that my children have had the opportunity to see their grandparents more often than I was able to see mine as a child. =)  But I LOVE that my "family" is not limited to the clan into which I was born, or even the clan into which I married.  Each time I gather with God's people at our home church, I am with my family!  I have brothers and sisters around the world and down through history that I will not have the opportunity to meet until eternity.  What a reunion THAT will be! =)  I can't wait!  But in the meantime, I am grateful for the sisters I HAVE met & the way they encourage and challenge me on this side of glory!

A man of many companions may come to ruin, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother.
Proverbs 18:24


And his mother and his brothers came, and standing outside they sent to him and called him. And a crowd was sitting around him, and they said to him, "Your mother and your brothers are outside, seeking you." And he answered them, "Who are my mother and my brothers?" And looking about at those who sat around him, he said, "Here are my mother and my brothers! For whoever does the will of God, he is my brother and sister and mother."
Mark 3:31-35

No comments:

Post a Comment