Thursday, August 23, 2012

Young Love

My girls have been watching the Disney "High School Musical" movies available on Netflix.  In fact, if I'd let them, I think they'd watch both movies every day!  They must get some of their viewing tendencies from their mama, as I watched 7 Brides for 7 Brothers every day for a month when I was younger! ;)  If you've never seen the movies, the main theme is the love story between the 2 main characters.  I was amused when watching them for the first time about 5 years ago because at the time, I was about 5 years into my marriage.  I was marveling at how great the characters thought their love was for each other.  I remember telling Shorty at the time that young people think their love is great because they don't KNOW anything more.

So now I'm 5 years farther into my marriage.  I was laughing with my sister this past weekend, and I told her that I think Shorty is more into me now than he was when we got married.  I know he prefers my company to anyone else's. =)  He certainly knows me better & I know him better.  We love one another better-- sometimes anyway! ;)  And I love the way a friend recently talked to me about loving my husband.  "Love is not primarily a feeling.  Love is a commitment."  Or to quote a song that was popular when I was a bit younger ;) "Love is a verb."  So now that I'm quoting...

Now you're my whole life now you're my whole world
I just can't believe the way I feel about you girl
Like a river meets the sea
Stronger than it's ever been
We've come so far since that day
And I thought I loved you then.

I can just see you with a baby on the way
I can just see you when your hair is turning gray
What I can't see is how I'm ever gonna love you more
But I've said that before.

Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never ends. As for prophecies, they will pass away; as for tongues, they will cease; as for knowledge, it will pass away.
1 Corinthians 13:4-8

No comments:

Post a Comment