Thursday, July 12, 2012

Favorite Days

My favorite days are the ones when I get to stay home.  Yesterday was NOT one of those days!  It was storytime at the library.  My Crew LOVES the library, and especially storytime.  It is also summer-- bet you didn't know that! ;) -- which means that we have a season pass to the city pool.  Due to some sickness at the beginning of the summer, and my home remodel project, we haven't been to the pool NEARLY as much as my Crew would like. =D  Throw in prayer meeting in the evening, & we were basically going to be gone all day!

Which gets to the heart of the issue-- literally!  I have finally gotten my house back into normal functioning order, & have been looking longingly at my sewing machine for over a week.  I REALLY wanted to be selfish & stay home.  The Lord reminded me, however, that I won't have my children so near forever.  And my sweet husband reminded me that Christ gave up the ease of heaven to live & die in my place... Well, that's kind of hard to argue with!

The funny thing that happened was that I TOTALLY enjoyed library time, and the pool!  And today gets to be one of my favorite days-- i.e. I get to stay home!  At least it looks like it for now! ;)

Many are the plans in the mind of a man, but it is the purpose of the Lord that will stand.
Proverbs 19:21

Do nothing from rivalry or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves.  Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others.
Philippians 2:3-4

No comments:

Post a Comment