Friday, July 20, 2012

Interruptions

Well, I was quite sure this morning that my family was conspiring against me getting some much needed time in the Word!  Chaya got up at 6:30 instead of 7:30, Adara was up before 7-- as were the other 2 members of my Crew!  Shorty decided that it needed to be a cuddle morning.  And my brother arrived with my nieces 15 minutes earlier than I expected... And I'm trying to get ready for a birthday party this evening! It seems needless to say that I didn't get my time..... *shrug*

Well, I'm shrugging now, because my kind Father has had 3 hours to remind me that He is orchestrating my moments to teach me eternal lessons.  So, Lesson of the Day: I need to be faithful to pursue my relationship with Him, even when my routine makes it hard.  You see, I prefer to read the Bible early in the morning for 2 reasons, number 1-- it's easier to point my thoughts God-ward if I've already been reading His Word.  Second, I like to be able to "tick it off the list" and then feel like I have the "free time" the rest of the day to do what I want.

So, as I've been running down through my "to do" list for today, God has so gently reminded me that He deserves to be preeminent in my thoughts, and how I use the time He entrusts to me. =)

There is none like you among the gods, O Lord, nor are there any works like yours. All the nations you have made shall come and worship before you, O Lord, and shall glorify your name. For you are great and do wondrous things; you alone are God. Teach me your way, O LORD, that I may walk in your truth; unite my heart to fear your name. I give thanks to you, O Lord my God, with my whole heart, and I will glorify your name forever. For great is your steadfast love toward me; you have delivered my soul from the depths of Sheol.
Psalms 86:8-13

No comments:

Post a Comment