Monday, July 30, 2012

My Little People

I'm a sucker for making "my little people" happy.  I love watching their eyes light up when I do what they've asked just because I love them.  And "my little people" are not limited to my Crew, they include any child who happens to be in my house at a given time. =)  That's why I spent a whole day painting murals onto our walls...







 and why we had strawberry cake with blue frosting for dessert last night...

 and why I've spent many hours at my sewing machine making clothes for kids and dolls instead of for myself. =)  And it got me thinking about my Heavenly Father, who loves me & delights to give me good things. 

Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and the one who seeks finds, and to the one who knocks it will be opened. Or which one of you, if his son asks him for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a serpent? If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask him!
Matthew 7:7-11


The end of all things is at hand; therefore be self-controlled and sober-minded for the sake of your prayers. Above all, keep loving one another earnestly, since love covers a multitude of sins. Show hospitality to one another without grumbling. As each has received a gift, use it to serve one another, as good stewards of God's varied grace:
1 Peter 4:7-10


I hope that by making "my little people" happy, I am pointing them toward my Heavenly Father too.

***Just a brief disclaimer.  Please don't take my methods for loving as prescriptive.  God designed you to love your little people in the ways He's given YOU.  Please use YOUR gifts. =)

2 comments:

  1. Your wall murals look great, Leila! I'll have to stop by sometime and see them in person. Love you!!

    ReplyDelete