Thursday, July 26, 2012

Trials

A couple of members of my church family have had major medical issues recently.  Another dear sister is struggling with the difficulties of missionary life.  I personally am enjoying a smoother ride, and a very rich time in the Word.  In fact, even though summer can be VERY busy for me, it is one of two seasons when I have the "free time" to listen to sermons, & really immerse myself in thinking through things as a Christian.

I listened to a sermon recently about Romans 8:28 by Tim Keller.  It was a real blessing to me, so rather than rambling on & possibly mixing up the message, here's the link:

http://sermons2.redeemer.com/sermons/christians-happiness

Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.
James 1:2-4

No comments:

Post a Comment