Tuesday, July 17, 2012

A Time to...

I come from a long line of the species "pakitus ratimus"-- I borrowed that, by the way. =)  So is my Shorty!  Thankfully, we have both suppressed the tendency to accumulate perpetually.  This has been in large part due to the fact that we have lived in a small house with minimal storage the entire 11 years we've been married. =)  I did major down sizing about every 6 months for the first 7 years or so.  In fact, I'm probably more likely to accidentally throw away something we need than keep something we don't! =)  I had trimmed to the point that I had begun to need to acquire again. I very rarely regret eliminating the excesses.  We almost never miss the "stuff" once it's gone, but I guess I'm out of practice because I'm having "seller's remorse"-- if that's a term! ;)  We've been remodeling & due to the changes, there is no longer space in my house for the school desks for the kids.  So I've been selling them.  This represents a pretty major change in our school dynamic & possibly schedule... I'm not sure I'm quite ready for this change that I thought I was itching for.  (Yes, I know that last sentence is NOT grammatically correct! ;))  But then there is the flip side of less "stuff" to care for & work around, so by tomorrow-- or maybe at the latest, next week-- I'll be excited again. =)

For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven: a time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up what is planted; a time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up; a time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance; a time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing; a time to seek, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away; a time to tear, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak; a time to love, and a time to hate; a time for war, and a time for peace. What gain has the worker from his toil? I have seen the business that God has given to the children of man to be busy with. He has made everything beautiful in its time. Also, he has put eternity into man's heart, yet so that he cannot find out what God has done from the beginning to the end. I perceived that there is nothing better for them than to be joyful and to do good as long as they live; also that everyone should eat and drink and take pleasure in all his toil--this is God's gift to man. 
Ecclesiastes 3:1-13 

No comments:

Post a Comment