Monday, July 16, 2012

Life with a Song

I almost always wake up with a song or tune running through my head.  In fact, for six weeks while I was pregnant with my son, "Larry's High Silk Hat" got stuck! =P  Cute song once, but six weeks is a bit excessive! ;)

Some days I really like my song of the day, others I spend a good part of the day trying to get it unstuck.  My Crew seems to have that same quirk... however, they only seem to remember about 2 lines & they seem unable to avoid sharing them.... broken record anyone? =D  I told them recently that music helps me work.  It's true!  When I have a song to work to, my motivation jumps & work seems less tedious. =)

I do love to sing!  My favorite time to sing is at church.  This has not always been the case.  There have been times when I was overly critical of the musical quality & refused to be content with making a joyful noise.  Thankfully, the Lord worked on my heart.  It is a beautiful thing when a group of God's people raise their voices in praise to the King! =)

I love living life with a song!

A Psalm for giving thanks. Make a joyful noise to the LORD, all the earth! 
Serve the LORD with gladness! Come into his presence with singing!
Know that the LORD, he is God! It is he who made us, and we are his; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.
Enter his gates with thanksgiving, and his courts with praise! Give thanks to him; bless his name!
For the LORD is good; his steadfast love endures forever, and his faithfulness to all generations.

Psalm 100

No comments:

Post a Comment