Saturday, July 21, 2012

More Precious

It's been a crazy 24 hours around here.  We celebrated Reanna's birthday with 26 people in our house!  Shorty says that's a few too many at once. ;)  I had 7 girls sleeping here-- well, we did a little bit of sleeping! =) *zzzzz.....My Crew is tired, and so am I.  Tiredness around here usually yields a few tears. 

Reanna was trying to unload the dishwasher & accidentally knocked one of my china cups into the floor.  It broke.  We asked if she was okay, but she didn't respond, so I went to the kitchen to check on her.  She was on the verge of tears.  I asked if she was hurt & she said no.  So I asked if she was scared & again I got no response.  I was finally able to pry out of her that she was afraid that I was going to be angry that she had broken my cup.

Apparently at some point in my parenting, I've done a poor job of letting my children know that they are more important than the things I own. =(  I was able to spend a few minutes letting her know that she is more precious to me than any of our "stuff".  I told her that even if that had been my LAST china cup-- which it wasn't-- she is more important to me.  The beautiful thing that has happened since then, is that she is bouncing around my house, all smiles! =)

Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, after our likeness. And let them have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over the livestock and over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth." So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them.
Genesis 1:26-27


For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation for all people, training us to renounce ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright, and godly lives in the present age, waiting for our blessed hope, the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ, who gave himself for us to redeem us from all lawlessness and to purify for himself a people for his own possession who are zealous for good works.
Titus 2:11-14

No comments:

Post a Comment