Saturday, July 28, 2012

Mud: Part 2

Well, when I am slapping mud up on blank walls for hours on end, I have LOTS of time to think! =)  So, I've done LOTS of thinking the past month-ish. ;)  I watched Daddy supervising my brother & cousin hanging sheetrock when I was in high school, & asked him about a crack between 2 pieces.  His reply was "Mud covers a multitude of sins." =)  We both laughed, but the point was made that in remodeling, perfection is nearly impossible, but mud makes the finished product more presentable. =)

I followed this train of thought out a ways, too.  After all, I've had LOTS of thinking time! ;)  And I was reminded of the verse that Daddy's silly quote came from: Above all, keep loving one another earnestly, since love covers a multitude of sins. 1 Peter 4:8

I pondered how that relates.  The smaller cracks and holes in a wall can be covered, to the point they are unnoticeable, by a little mud or caulk.  So I wondered how love covers sins.  Now this may not be entirely accurate (there's my disclaimer! ;)), but I think when we forgive, or refuse to be offended by the smaller things, we are acting like the mud.  In God's eyes, all sin is UTTERLY HEINOUS, but all sin is ultimately against Him.  And, as we were instructed in Sunday school recently, God will judge sin.  If an unbeliever sins against you & never believes, God will judge his sin in eternity.  If a believer sins against you, God has already judged that sin in Christ.  "If you hold a grudge, you doubt the judge."  So go be some mud today! =)

And he gave the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, the shepherds and teachers, to equip the saints for the work of ministry, for building up the body of Christ, until we all attain to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to mature manhood, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ, so that we may no longer be children, tossed to and fro by the waves and carried about by every wind of doctrine, by human cunning, by craftiness in deceitful schemes. Rather, speaking the truth in love, we are to grow up in every way into him who is the head, into Christ, from whom the whole body, joined and held together by every joint with which it is equipped, when each part is working properly, makes the body grow so that it builds itself up in love.
Ephesians 4:11-16

No comments:

Post a Comment