Monday, October 8, 2012

All

I slept late this morning, which meant that my devotion time was shorter than usual.  Often when I start late-- which happens more often than I'd like-- I just read a Psalm or two.  So, this morning I read Psalm 84 and 85.  I've read Psalm 84 several times over the last couple of weeks.  I love it!  There are days when I could sing with the sons of Korah, "a day in your courts is better than a thousand elsewhere".  And then there are days, when I'd rather be on the throne of my heart. =P

But that is kind of where Psalm 85 comes in.  It is also a song of the sons of Korah.

You forgave the iniquity of your people; you covered all their sin. Selah You withdrew all your wrath; you turned from your hot anger.
Psalms 85:2-3


And I was wondering what they were referring to when they sang this?  I was thinking that in Christ, ALL my sin is forgiven, and ALL God's wrath against my sin is SATISFIED!!!  They were looking forward, I assume.  When my sin seems too strong, I can look back to the cross & know that in Christ I am fully accepted by my Father!

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come. All this is from God, who through Christ reconciled us to himself and gave us the ministry of reconciliation; that is, in Christ God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them, and entrusting to us the message of reconciliation. Therefore, we are ambassadors for Christ, God making his appeal through us. We implore you on behalf of Christ, be reconciled to God. For our sake he made him to be sin who knew no sin, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.
2 Corinthians 5:17-21


And you, who were dead in your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made alive together with him, having forgiven us all our trespasses, by canceling the record of debt that stood against us with its legal demands. This he set aside, nailing it to the cross.
Colossians 2:13-14
 

See what kind of love the Father has given to us, that we should be called children of God; and so we are. The reason why the world does not know us is that it did not know him. Beloved, we are God's children now, and what we will be has not yet appeared; but we know that when he appears we shall be like him, because we shall see him as he is. And everyone who thus hopes in him purifies himself as he is pure.
1 John 3:1-3

No comments:

Post a Comment