Thursday, October 25, 2012

Pancake Day!

I LOVE pancakes! And my Mommy loved me so much that when I was in high school, Thursday was pancake day at our house.  Thursday has almost always been pancake day at my house-- with the exception of my Weight Watchers excursion last year. =)  A few weeks ago my Crew were asking me for dessert on a Thursday after lunch, and I didn't have anything... except pancakes. So we had pancakes with homemade jam & heavy cream on top for dessert. YUMMY! Since then, it's been standard: pancakes for breakfast, pancakes for dessert after lunch.

I thought it was too funny today after we finished our grilled cheese & tomato soup. Judah was bouncing away from the table (probably to go play with his legos! =)) when all of a sudden he spotted the pancakes on the stove. He said "OOO! Pancakes!" And proceeded to fix his dessert pancake. But that reminded me of what I was reading this morning in my devotions.

Like newborn infants, long for the pure spiritual milk, that by it you may grow up into salvation-- if indeed you have tasted that the Lord is good.
1 Peter 2:2-3


Judah has had pancakes before-- A LOT-- and he KNEW that they were good.  If we have "tasted" the Lord, we KNOW that He is good! We should be as eagerly disposed toward knowing God as Judah was toward the pancakes! =)

May grace and peace be multiplied to you in the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord. His divine power has granted to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of him who called us to his own glory and excellence, by which he has granted to us his precious and very great promises, so that through them you may become partakers of the divine nature, having escaped from the corruption that is in the world because of sinful desire. For this very reason, make every effort to supplement your faith with virtue, and virtue with knowledge, and knowledge with self-control, and self-control with steadfastness, and steadfastness with godliness, and godliness with brotherly affection, and brotherly affection with love. For if these qualities are yours and are increasing, they keep you from being ineffective or unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.
2 Peter 1:2-8

No comments:

Post a Comment