Friday, October 5, 2012

Not Alone

I have really begun to recognize over the past couple years what a blessing it is to be surrounded by people.  Sometimes being surrounded is NOT my favorite thing.  There are times when I don't want to see or talk to ANYONE, but other times I absolutely thrive on interaction! =)  We were especially thankful for our church family when Shorty's dad passed away last year. Their love, support, and practical care carried us through the last days of his life, and the early days afterwards.  Yesterday I was reminded again of the blessing of sisters in Christ.  I had the opportunity to chat with a sister that I am not in contact with often.  And if you read my blog yesterday, you know it was rough-ish.  My dear sister spoke gospel truth into my life with such passion.  It was the very same things I was trying to speak to myself, but were falling flat.  She reminded me that my struggle was not unique, God is at work in my life and the lives of my children, and He is GOOD! =)  I'm so thankful that we were not made to walk alone!

Then the LORD God said, "It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him a helper fit for him."
Genesis 2:18
 

Two are better than one, because they have a good reward for their toil. For if they fall, one will lift up his fellow. But woe to him who is alone when he falls and has not another to lift him up! Again, if two lie together, they keep warm, but how can one keep warm alone? And though a man might prevail against one who is alone, two will withstand him--a threefold cord is not quickly broken.
Ecclesiastes 4:9-12


Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for he who promised is faithful. And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near.
Hebrews 10:23-25


And best of all, God did not leave us alone in our sin!

 So when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was a delight to the eyes, and that the tree was to be desired to make one wise, she took of its fruit and ate, and she also gave some to her husband who was with her, and he ate. Then the eyes of both were opened, and they knew that they were naked. And they sewed fig leaves together and made themselves loincloths. And they heard the sound of the LORD God walking in the garden in the cool of the day, and the man and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God among the trees of the garden. But the LORD God called to the man and said to him, "Where are you?"
Genesis 3:6-9

But you, Israel, my servant, Jacob, whom I have chosen, the offspring of Abraham, my friend; you whom I took from the ends of the earth, and called from its farthest corners, saying to you, "You are my servant, I have chosen you and not cast you off"; fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
Isaiah 41:8-10
 

Keep your life free from love of money, and be content with what you have, for he has said, "I will never leave you nor forsake you." So we can confidently say, "The Lord is my helper; I will not fear; what can man do to me?"
Hebrews 13:5-6

No comments:

Post a Comment