Monday, September 10, 2012

And It Begins...

Today is our first day of school.  I put off the preparation far too long.  I tried to cram my prep into about a day and a half-- that didn't work out so well. =/  I did get pretty much everything lined out, but I'm REALLY hoping that regular weekly lesson plans don't take half so long.  The Crew is doing well.  We are about an hour behind schedule, but they've all been working hard.  I'm expecting that as they get into the groove, we will go a little more smoothly & be closer to my schedule. ;)  Motivating my Crew has been my biggest challenge-- followed closely by teaching division! =/  School usually takes over my life for a while, and then I slack off and don't prepare at all-- just sort of "fly by the seat of my pants".  I'm working toward a little more balance this year.  School during school time, keeping up with grading, and taking breaks so I don't get burned out... We shall see. =)

The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge; fools despise wisdom and instruction.
Proverbs 1:7
 

Whoever spares the rod hates his son, but he who loves him is diligent to discipline him.
Proverbs 13:24
 

Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men, knowing that from the Lord you will receive the inheritance as your reward. You are serving the Lord Christ.
Colossians 3:23-24

No comments:

Post a Comment