Sunday, September 23, 2012

Relief

I have pretty severe seasonal allergies.  There is something in the air this time of year that makes my nose drippy, my head fuzzy, and my sinuses feel like they're going to EXPLODE!  This is not too much of a problem in my house since we keep the doors and windows closed, and the central heat/air going year round.  Yesterday, however, we had a workday with our church family and I was exposed to the allergen laden air for 3-4 hours.  By the time we got home, I felt HORRIBLE.  I still had a few things to organize when we got home, but the longer I worked the worse I felt.  Shorty was WONDERFUL keeping the kids relatively quiet, warming up supper, and even offering to go to the store to get me some medicine.

I tried everything I could think of to get relief-- that I had available.  But as I was sitting on the couch last night, I was reminded that I don't DESERVE relief.  I live in a fallen world, and I am a sinner.  I deserve for life to get worse and worse and worse.  And yet, God gives us SO MANY things to make our lives more comfortable, and even PLEASANT!  Every little bit of relief is a blessing.  And the days when I feel REALLY BAD remind me to be more thankful for the days when I feel REALLY GOOD! =)

As Long as You are Glorified
~Sovereign Grace Music

Shall I take from Your hand Your blessings
Yet not welcome any pain
Shall I thank You for days of sunshine
Yet grumble in days of rain
Shall I love You in times of plenty
Then leave You in days of drought
Shall I trust when I reap a harvest
But when winter winds blow, then doubt

Oh let Your will be done in me
In Your love I will abide
Oh I long for nothing else as long
As You are glorified


Are You good only when I prosper
And true only when I’m filled
Are You King only when I’m carefree
And God only when I’m well
You are good when I’m poor and needy
You are true when I’m parched and dry
You still reign in the deepest valley
You’re still God in the darkest night

So quiet my restless heart
Quiet my restless heart
Quiet my restless heart in You

No comments:

Post a Comment