Friday, September 28, 2012

Chronicles of Narnia

Have you ever read the Chronicles of Narnia?  I LOVE them!  I read some of them as a kid & watched the BBC movies over and over again.  It's great imagination and writing, and you could enjoy them just for their literary value, but I'm blogging about them today for their theological value.  As a believer in Jesus Christ, my faith has been greatly encouraged by reading them again over the last five years. --By the way, it doesn't take 5 years to read them.  Each book has only about 15 chapters. ;)  I'm especially fond of the interactions between Aslan and the other major characters.  Lewis had great insight into the character of our God. So, if you've never read the Chronicles of Narnia, I HIGHLY recommend that you do. =)

Then I saw in the right hand of him who was seated on the throne a scroll written within and on the back, sealed with seven seals. And I saw a strong angel proclaiming with a loud voice, "Who is worthy to open the scroll and break its seals?" And no one in heaven or on earth or under the earth was able to open the scroll or to look into it, and I began to weep loudly because no one was found worthy to open the scroll or to look into it. And one of the elders said to me, "Weep no more; behold, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, has conquered, so that he can open the scroll and its seven seals."
Revelation 5:1-5

No comments:

Post a Comment