Friday, September 7, 2012

Simple Pleasures

I like simple things.  I even used to wish that I lived back in the pioneer days-- until I had kids, anyway! ;)  I get a great amount of enjoyment out of little things, a smile from one of my "little people", a piece of cake, a little bit of snuggle time with my Shorty, a cup of coffee... ;)  I thought about how much I enjoy the little things in my life, and I wondered if I would like them so well without the work of Christ.  As I was pondering, a verse came to my mind.

So Jesus again said to them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep. All who came before me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not listen to them. I am the door. If anyone enters by me, he will be saved and will go in and out and find pasture. The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life and have it abundantly. I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep.
John 10:7-11


I received the gift of faith when I was a very small girl, & I really don't remember life before Christ saved me-- but I have heard from people that were saved later in their lives that the world seemed brighter, &  fuller, &  more beautiful after their conversion.  I've pondered if that is what this passage is referring to.  I think that may be part of it, but recently I've had a growing desire for Christ's return.  Shorty & I have had a lot of conversations that trailed off with me saying, "A world where there is NO EVIL-- what will that even be like?... I can't wait to find out!"  I think that's the other, and maybe more important part of it.  Christ will come back one day to fix His world, finally & fully redeem His people from their sin, and live with them forever-- THAT is ABUNDANT life! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment