Thursday, September 27, 2012

Motivation

As I am typing, the Crew are finishing up our third week of school.  I'm actually sighing with relief because it looks like finishing by 3ish is becoming the norm! =)  Since we start later than public school & take a longer lunch break-- and have only 1 teacher for 4 different grades! ;) -- I'm content with that, for now.

Last Thursday I was pumped!  We got started early, the kids stayed on task & completed their assignments, the house was pretty orderly...  And then Friday we did all kinds of STUFF, I can't quite remember what...  This week I've struggled to get us finished, sometimes ALMOST yelling at the Crew before I get hold of my temper.  I've also not been quite as faithful as I should be in discipline-- but that's another topic for another day...  And my house is a bit of a disaster!  I'm a fan of order, but today I just can't seem to find the motivation to get my work done.  And there is PLENTY to do!

So..... I'm going to remove my fingers from the keyboard, and just start DOING!  And maybe I'll have something a bit more interesting or profound to share tomorrow. =)

Let your work be shown to your servants, and your glorious power to their children. Let the favor of the Lord our God be upon us, and establish the work of our hands upon us; yes, establish the work of our hands!
Psalms 90:16-17
 

A Psalm. A Song for the Sabbath. It is good to give thanks to the LORD, to sing praises to your name, O Most High; to declare your steadfast love in the morning, and your faithfulness by night, to the music of the lute and the harp, to the melody of the lyre. For you, O LORD, have made me glad by your work; at the works of your hands I sing for joy. How great are your works, O LORD! Your thoughts are very deep! The stupid man cannot know; the fool cannot understand this: that though the wicked sprout like grass and all evildoers flourish, they are doomed to destruction forever; but you, O LORD, are on high forever.
Psalms 92:1-8


I think I just found my motivation! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment