Thursday, September 6, 2012

"Miss"-communication

I love my Shorty!  And he and I are about as opposite as can be, in some ways. ;)  Sometimes I have to remind myself that I do, in fact, love him! =)  He is very introverted, I'm more of an extrovert.  I'm an incurable optimist, he is an impossible pessimist.  I'm rather OCD... he's OCD too, but in different areas! LOL!  There are lots of things we agree on, too.  We both love each other, our kids, our church family, and our God.  And those are the most important things.  But no thanks to the chromosomal difference, (xx, xy) we often "miss the mark" when we try to communicate.  You see, we think differently.  The same thing may fall in a different place on our respective lists of priorities.  I was feeling pretty frustrated with my Shorty recently-- and didn't even realize it-- because of our miscommunication.  But a dear sister reminded me last night that Shorty & I are on the same team, even though sometimes it doesn't feel like we are.  She also reminded me that Shorty cannot ULTIMATELY satisfy my needs or desires.  And then in God's gracious dealings with me, he allowed Shorty & me to have a good conversation which corrected some of the misunderstanding.  I found out that our priorities in the areas we discussed are pretty much the same, it was just the optimism/pessimism clash that made it seem different.  We also have a plan for the immediate future to try to guard the things that are important.  So, we balance each other.  Where I'm weak, he is strong, and vice versa.  And above all where we are BOTH weak, our God is infinitely STRONG! =)

Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another.
Proverbs 27:17


Two are better than one, because they have a good reward for their toil. For if they fall, one will lift up his fellow. But woe to him who is alone when he falls and has not another to lift him up! Again, if two lie together, they keep warm, but how can one keep warm alone? And though a man might prevail against one who is alone, two will withstand him--a threefold cord is not quickly broken.
Ecclesiastes 4:9-12

No comments:

Post a Comment