Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Off the Cuff

Adara is reading the Chronicles of Narnia as part of her curriculum this year.  In The Magician's Nephew we find out early on that one of the "bad" characters is Andrew Ketterly (Uncle Andrew).  He is described as a nasty man who doesn't believe common rules apply to him.  He is also very callous, not caring about anything or anyone around him.  He ends up sending his nephew, & his nephew's friend somewhere he refers to as "Otherworld".  In the next chapter we find out that what Uncle Andrew THINKS he knows about "Otherworld", is actually a bit confused.  The book says, "Uncle Andrew, you see, was working with things he did not really understand; most magicians are."

I'm chewing on an idea about hope right now.  I REALLY wanted to write about it after my devotions this morning.  But as I tried to write it, I realized that right now, my conclusion is kind of "half-baked", "half-cocked", "off the cuff".  At the moment, I'm a lot like Uncle Andrew.  Often when I come to the Word, I'm working with things I don't really understand.  After all, God is infinite and holy, and I am finite and sinful.  And then there is the admonition for teachers to be careful how they speak-- or in this case, type. ;)

Not many of you should become teachers, my brothers, for you know that we who teach will be judged with greater strictness. For we all stumble in many ways. And if anyone does not stumble in what he says, he is a perfect man, able also to bridle his whole body.
James 3:1-2


So I'll be studying further, and will bring you the results when my conclusion is a bit more solid! =)  Until then:

May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope.
Romans 15:13

No comments:

Post a Comment