Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Subtle Difference

I've been thinking over the past few days about my favored position before God.  He chose me in Christ, Christ paid the penalty for my sin, and through Christ I am adopted into God's family.  His favor RESTS on me.  He is FOR me, not against me.  He LOVES me.  And I can never earn it-- but sometimes I live like I'm trying.  It seems like such a subtle difference to try to live in obedience because I already have His favor, as compared to trying to live in obedience to earn His favor-- but it makes ALL the difference.  The first grows out of love and gratitude, the other grows out of something else... maybe pride?  All I know is that I want to bask in His love, and let obedience grow out of that. =)

Behold our shield, O God; look on the face of your anointed! For a day in your courts is better than a thousand elsewhere. I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of wickedness. For the LORD God is a sun and shield; the LORD bestows favor and honor. No good thing does he withhold from those who walk uprightly. O LORD of hosts, blessed is the one who trusts in you!
Psalms 84:9-12



When iniquities prevail against me, you atone for our transgressions. Blessed is the one you choose and bring near, to dwell in your courts! We shall be satisfied with the goodness of your house, the holiness of your temple!
Psalms 65:3-4


No comments:

Post a Comment