Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Song of the Day- 2

This might be a bit lengthy, but it's a great thought that I just hate to break up! =)

...And of all the names used for Christ, few are as powerful as "the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!" (John 1:29). And in his vision of heaven, the apostle John saw Jesus being worshiped by countless multitudes. And how does Jesus appear in his glory? As a lamb, standing as though slain (Revelation 5:6).

This is a staggering thought. Why would God need a lamb? He has no sin of his own to pay for. Why would God offer a sacrifice? The answer is that God offers his Son, and his Son willingly lays down his life, to atone for mankind's sins. We can never pay for our own sins. The debt we owe to God and the guilt we carry before God are too great. Only God himself can remove the stain of guilt and shame.

In Jesus's death God provided the lamb. Instead of you and me facing the wrath and punishment  our sins deserve, Jesus took our place. He is our substitute. He shed his blood, he gave his life, so that our sins are removed and God's wrath is turned away.
~p.108 from Dug Down Deep by Joshua Harris

 
He Has Risen 
BRIDGE
Jesus, has done enough
Our hope cannot be shaken
Because God raised Him up
We cannot be forsaken
© 2011 Sovereign Grace Worship (ASCAP)/Sovereign Grace Praise (BMI).

To hear the whole song, click here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=-jSPxCnH9W8


Before the Throne
Before the throne of God above
I have a strong and perfect plea.
A great high Priest whose Name is Love
Who ever lives and pleads for me.
My name is graven on His hands,
My name is written on His heart.
I know that while in Heaven He stands
No tongue can bid me thence depart.

When Satan tempts me to despair
And tells me of the guilt within,
Upward I look and see Him there
Who made an end of all my sin.
Because the sinless Savior died
My sinful soul is counted free.
For God the just is satisfied
To look on Him and pardon me.

Behold Him there the risen Lamb,
My perfect spotless righteousness,
The great unchangeable I AM,
The King of glory and of grace,
One in Himself I cannot die.
My soul is purchased by His blood,
My life is hid with Christ on high,
With Christ my Savior and my God!

You can listen to this song here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xUK2Dx5RkY

No comments:

Post a Comment