Friday, September 21, 2012

Busy

I told you yesterday that I like to be busy.  Shorty would probably say that I LOVE to be busy!  I've always got about three projects in the works, and half a dozen on a back burner in my brain. ;)  I like to be able to do things and then SEE what I've done.  I don't do so well with cleaning because, with a houseful of Crew, within a few minutes, the "clean" is no longer clean! =P  So it often seems like a semi-waste of time. *shrug*  I do it because it's important-- sometimes.  Or because I finally get tired of stepping/tripping on STUFF! ;)  There is a sense in which being busy is good.  I know where my kids are concerned, if I keep them busy being productive, they are less likely to devise trouble.

For we hear that some among you walk in idleness, not busy at work, but busybodies. Now such persons we command and encourage in the Lord Jesus Christ to do their work quietly and to earn their own living.
2 Thessalonians 3:11-12


But since I am spiritually a creature that struggles with balance-- too much of a good thing can be a bad thing-- I need to be reminded that there is more to life than being busy...

Now as they went on their way, Jesus entered a village. And a woman named Martha welcomed him into her house. And she had a sister called Mary, who sat at the Lord's feet and listened to his teaching. But Martha was distracted with much serving. And she went up to him and said, "Lord, do you not care that my sister has left me to serve alone? Tell her then to help me." But the Lord answered her, "Martha, Martha, you are anxious and troubled about many things, but one thing is necessary. Mary has chosen the good portion, which will not be taken away from her."
Luke 10:38-42


No comments:

Post a Comment