Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Song of the Day- 1

It is highly likely that I will post something like this again, so... =)
I woke up this morning with a song running through my head.  And it's one that I'm not ashamed to share! ;)

Just One Touch From The King
2006 Thankyou Music (Admin. by EMI Christian Music Publishing)

There's a battle raging over this land
A deep damage in the people
But pride stops us
Stretching out our withered hand
But God has stretched out to heal us
This I know this I know
This I know this I know

That just one touch from the King
Changes ev'rything
Just one touch from the King
Changes ev'rything (ev'rything)

There's a great darkness over this land
A deep darkness on the people
But a light is shining
That the dark can't understand
The Light of the world King Jesus
Do you know do you know
Do you know do you know

That just one touch from the King
Changes ev'rything
Just one touch from the King
Changes ev'rything (ev'rything)

I was pondering the chorus.  It is true that in just the first touch, Christ changes everything about us.

He has delivered us from the domain of darkness and transferred us to the kingdom of his beloved Son, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.
Colossians 1:13-14


But I was also thinking about how he continues to "touch" us to mold us ever more into his image!  And how even after being "delivered from the domain of darkness" my pride sometimes stops me "reaching out my withered hand", and God continues to stretch out to heal me.

But we ought always to give thanks to God for you, brothers beloved by the Lord, because God chose you as the firstfruits to be saved, through sanctification by the Spirit and belief in the truth. To this he called you through our gospel, so that you may obtain the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ. So then, brothers, stand firm and hold to the traditions that you were taught by us, either by our spoken word or by our letter. Now may our Lord Jesus Christ himself, and God our Father, who loved us and gave us eternal comfort and good hope through grace, comfort your hearts and establish them in every good work and word.
2 Thessalonians 2:13-17


I know I may be redundant, but I'm forgetful.  And I'm guessing you're forgetful too. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment